PONTOON BOAT SHOPPING CHECKLIST
You can evaluate the products without any Sales Spin!
1. Is the boat NMMA Certified?
- USCG Sticker
- CSI award recipient
2. Is the manufacturer of the boat and motor reputable?
- Company's history and decades of marine experience
- Reputation for quality and value
- Warranty period and service availability
3. Is the boat constructed utilizing?:
- Separate, pressure-tested, fully chambered tubes
- A v-keel along bottom of tubes
- C-channel supports for decking
- Welded saddle brackets
- Captive "elevator bolt" decking fastners
- Anodized 1 1/4" rails
- Large, strong, seam welded nosecone splash fins
4. Does the boat's electrical system use?:
- Water-resistant Deutsch connectors
- Push button circuit breakers
- Watertight, automotive-style fuses
- Heavy duty 10 gauge wiring, housed in flexible conduit
- Independent grounding of key circuits
- Top quality, fog resistant instruments
5. Does the furniture suite offer?:
- Fade, stain and tear resistant GX48 marine vinyl
- Ergonomically contoured multi-density foam padded seats
Squeeze the upholstery!
- Thick rear sun lounge cushions with underside storage
- Perma-life molded under seat storage boxes with self-draining gutter system
6. Examine the rear (transom) area of the boat:
- Strength of motor mount system
- Centerline fuel tank with metal shield
- Fuel-water separator
- Protected control cable routing
- Interlocking component chassis
- Heavy duty ski tow and swim boarding ladder
Evaluate these selection criteria areas before buying your new pontoon boat. Practically all new boats built today look good cosmetically, but it is these less visible, yet critically important items that directly affect the price, quality, durability and lasting value of a new pontoon boat!
Pontoon Boat Shopping Check List Courtesy of
LAKE COUNTRY MARINE